Sunday, December 25, 2022

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

 


It’s Christmas day. A lot of us, if not all, waited for this once-a-year celebration. This is the time when family, relatives, and friends gather together, giving gifts, exchanging cards. I am no different. I was so busy, thinking what presents to give for my love ones, and of course, thinking about my never ending wish lists. My mind was so occupied, so excited. Before Christmas, it was my birthday, that means, I'll have more presents (feeling elated). Then yesterday, it was Christmas eve, my husband asked me if I wanted to attend a midnight mass. but he said, it was just a passing thought, but it made me pause and think hard. Then suddenly, I felt a nagging feeling. I became thirsty, not for water, but for God, for His words. Though it was my husband who told me that, it was as if it was the Lord who talked to me and woke me up from my long sleep. Then I realized, it's been a long time since I went to His "home". Maybe tomorrow, His actual birthday, is the day, to pay Him a visit.
And today is the day! It was my first time in this church since we moved to this city. As soon as I entered, I felt that the Holy Spirit poured upon me. It's like a "welcome back" feeling, and it felt so good.  I was told that if it's your first time to visit a church, you should make a wish, so I did. After the mass ended, I felt light, and happy. I'm glad I went. It was nice to listen to Gospel and Homily again. I know it's not the material things that make us happy, it's not water that makes our thirst quenched, it's listening and talking to God. After all, He is the reason for the Season. 

Happy Birthday Jesus!!! 


1 comment:

Sammy 🐶 ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...