Saturday, December 31, 2022

Happy New Year!!!




 Just a few hours left and we’ll soon say goodbye to 2022, and say hello to 2023. When we were young, our  mother always told us to jump as high as we could, so we can grow taller, make noise, while the boys are lighting fireworks outside. As soon as the noise and the fireworks stop, we will gather together and share the food on the table, boy it was always a feast! 

And of course, we always had 13 different kinds of fruits for abundance. We will always wear clothes with polkadots, and pockets full of money for prosperity. 

After eating, it was a tradition to go to our uncle’s (my dad’s brother) and aunt’s house. There, we will kiss their hand, and greet them happy new year. We’ll eat and chat for a while, and then, the most awaited part, our favorite, they always give us money for goodluck. 

Those were the good old days, good ol’ memories. My mother’s gone now, all of us have our family of our own, and I live half way around the globe. But I am making memories of my own with my family. 

Though not as happy as my childhood because for one, we had a big family, and I only have a child, plus the culture and tradition here is different from my birth country. Christmas and new year is like just and ordinary day. Added to the fact that my son already have his own family. It’s just me and my husband with our 7 pawsome pets, and we’re trying to get the best out of it.

2022 wasn’t bad at all, let’s all pray for the 2023 to be a better, if not the best year. May we all be given the best of health, good fortune, goodluck, and happiness!!! Cheers to the new year!!! 

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy 🐶 ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...