Sunday, February 19, 2023

No to Violence!


My husband and I just watched the show on tv, “See No Evil”. The episode was about a family, where the husband/father was abusive. He used to heat up his wife, in front of their kids, until he killed her in the end. That was devastating.

I don’t know why one has to go through it. I can’t imagine the fear within the wife, and their children. They will live theough it their whole life.

I was born and raised in Manila. I was the 6th, and the youngest among 3 sisters. There’s a 5 years gap between me and the youngest. My father died when I was 9 years old. Old enough to know everything what was going on around me. I don’t remember my father hit nor raised his voice to my mother, nor any of us, his children. 

I grew up in a loving family. When my father died, she put our eldest in-charge or us, she divided the house chores among them, while she was away, working as a dressmaker. My brother, who’s 2 years older than me, our youngest, and I were too young to help. So, we didn’t do anything but to study and play.

Our house should be our sanctuary. And our parents should be our protector. My mother did everything she could to take care of us when my father died. She made sure we always had food on the table, roof on our heads, good education, God-fearing,  and protection.

I feel sorry for the kids who were abused by their own family, of all people. While watching that show, it broke my heart. All I can do is to pray for them. That God will take care of the abused and domestic violence victims. 

I pray that the pain they experienced will be healed, and they will lead a good and happy life.

In Jesus name! 

Amen 🙏 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy 🐶 ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...