Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Power Trip

Have you met people that are proud of themselves? Especially those who have authority over you? Be it your superior or even your co-worker? I did. In fact, I met a lot. They’re actually everywhere.

There are superiors or supevisors that they think they own you. They think they’re always right, just because. I call those people as power trippers. 

I used to have a supervisor that didn’t want to get bypassed, in other words, we have to always follow the “chain of command”! Which I understand, and I always did. But this certain superior had favorites. If you’re not her favorite, and I was one of those, rest assured that she’ll always call your attention and find faults.

Thank God she’s not my supervisor anymore, she moved up. But before she did, I talked to her boss, and told him my concerns. He arranged a meeting for the three of us, and I was able to tell her how I felt, and how unfair she treated me. Of course at first she denied it, but there are incidents that even her supervisor witnessed, so she apologized.

I still see her even she’s not my supervisor anymore, the one 
who replaced her is more approachable, smart, and considerate. 

I was once a supervisor too, but never acted that way. I treated them the way I want to be treated. 

Supervisor or not, we should always bear in mind, that each one of us deserved to be respected regardless of rank or status in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy 🐶 ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...