Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sammy ๐Ÿถ


 This is Sammy, we fondly call her Sam or Sam-Sam. When she was barely 2 months old. She was able to get out, and when I chase  her, I stepped on the small piece of ice on the driveway, and dislocated my left arm. Good thing it was pandemic (2020), and I was working from home. And did I mention that it was Christmas and eve. Yes, that was my luck.

Then just two weeks ago, my her human dad, my husband, brought her and her puppy, Redd, to work. Everything were ok, until a delivery came in. He, opened the door, signed, then closed it. He went back to his meeting. Until there was a knock on their door, it was a lady from another office, and told them that Sam was waiting outside. Joe didn’t see her got out and closed the door. Good thing the lady was nice enough to tell enough, because she said that Sam was waiting by the door. 

Then last Friday, July 7th, I was at work, when I received a notification from the front door camera. When I checked it, I saw a tiny black dog on the front. Good thing Joe was already home, and I asked him if Sam was there, he said, they were all at the backyard. Told him he needs to check coz I just saw Sam outside. He went and confirmed that Sam got out. She probably saw a lizard, which she hates by the way ๐Ÿ˜’. And that’s that. He got her and brought her inside, snd gave her a little scolding.

Then today, I took them at the backyard to use the bathroom, then Sam ran fast, climb the gate, (which I enclosed with chicken wire when we moved here almost three years ago, so the dogs can’t get out). But the chicken wire wasn’t high enough, so she was able to get through the higher slat. It took me time to get her, she went as far as 6 or 7 houses away. 

She’s a troublemaker. Now, I put more chicken wire as high as the gates, both sides. But she can’t get out without supervision. We can’t trust her. We’re scared that one day, she’ll be hit by a car, get stolen, or will be able to go thru our neighbor’s gate, and who know, there might be dogs in their yard, and might attack her. Which I hope and pray won’t happen ๐Ÿ™ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy ๐Ÿถ ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...