Monday, January 9, 2023

Laziness

I am the 6th in the brood of 7. I was the youngest among us girls. My mother became a widow at the age of 43. While my mother was busy working, she gave my older siblings their own  house chores. My brother who is just 2 years older than me, the youngest, and I, didn’t have to worry about those. We were to young to help then. 

I grew up doing nothing, because I always had my mother and my older sisters and brothers to rely on. I just had to go to school, do my homeworks, eat, and play. My youngest brother and I were the favorites (wink).  Then I realized that they’re not always by my side. It was only then when I moved here in the US that I learnt how to clean the house, and be responsible, like what normal adult is. 

Yes, I have my husband, and my young son here. Had to help my husband earn a living. I can’t be lazy. My family is in the Philippines and they’re too far away to ask for their help. That was the time that I gathered all my strength and told myself that I can do it. If others can, why can’t I.

Fast forward to the present, I am proud of myself. From being so lazy and know nothing before, now I know I can do everything. With the help of my family, and the strength that came from our Dear Lord. HE was the one who taught me how to be strong when I asked for it, HE was the one who gave me hope when I needed one. 

There are times that I still get lazy, not because I am back to my old self, but because I know I deserve it. Time is gold as they say, but there are times, we need to slow down, to feel and savor the beauty of life. And right now, I am just sitting here, updating my blog, then watch tv later. Tomorrow is another day 😉.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy 🐶 ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...