Friday, February 24, 2023

Internet

 

I never knew anybody who doesn’t have internet connection  nowadays. Even those who live in the remote areas in the Philippines has internet. 

Because of internet, we are able reach our love ones easily. It doesn’t matter even if they live halfway around the globe, with internet, it’s possible.

But like in the movies, where there are villains, same with the internet world. The villains are the viruses. If you’re not careful, they can do damage on your computer.

At work, our admins and IT personnel always reminds us to be careful especially if we receive malicious email. We even have training every year about that.

Usually, when I get emails that didn’t come from within our department, I always forward it to our IT support, coz I know, it was Phishing. Those kinds sent a link, that if you click it, it will infect the computer, and might get all the datas stored. 

I work for the government, that's why they always remind us to be very careful. 

Today was different, I got an email and it was from our “HR”, telling me to check and verify my time report, I was so busy, and since I didn’t report my time for this week yet, without thinking clearly, I clicked the link, but it was too late when  I realized that it was a phishing email. 

I immediately emailed the IT support and told them what happened. After that, an IT guy chatted with me and told me that he had to take over and shut off my computer. Until after I left for home, he was still there working on it.

I hope it didn’t get infected with virus. Viruses are high tech now, and the kind they usually use is the Ransomware, they demand ransom to their victims in exchange of giving back all the datas that they stole.
 
Ridiculous huh? I just hope and pray that everything’s fine when we gi back to work on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy 🐶 ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...