Friday, March 17, 2023

Chicken Tortilla Soup


 Today is Friday, woke up early, it was snowing last night, and continued until this morning. Despite that, I still got up early when my alarm went off at 4am. Did my usual routing every morning, it always takes me an hour to get ready. Downstairs,

I turned on the tv and watched the news, while checking the weather on my phone. At 5:30c, there was an announcement that the public school where I live had a 2 hour delay, text messages started to come in. 

From my boss, and my co-workers, then another text from my boss that schools here are closed, an hour later, schools from where I’m working decided to close too. Yay!!! Everybody’s happy…lol

Since it’s very cold, I decided to make Chicken Tortilla Soup, I didn’t have the other ingredients, off to the store I went. It was still snowing but the roads are clear. 

Armed with a complete ingredients, I checked online how to make it, it’s been ages since the last time I made it. ‘Twas easy and fast. 

Just in time, my husband came home, my tester. He tasted it, and said it tasted good. And it was!!! Perfect for a cold weather like today.

I don’t like the snow, but I like it when it pours on the weekdays, we get extra days off. The perks of working for the government…lol

The day went by so fast, I’m now on bed, ready to hit the sack. Tomorrow’s Saturday, rest day. 

Goodnight 💤 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy 🐶 ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...