Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Coming To America


 USA, everybody’s dream. When I was young, my dream was to come here. To have a good life. I applied for a tourist visa 2x, before, but also got denied 2x. Sad isn’t it? I just want to come here and visit, to see for myself why this country’s being called, “The land of milk and honey”. But wasn’t given a chance then.

I got lucky and met my husband, and was able to come here together with my son. We were so excited at first, especially when we experienced our first snow. My son was elated. 

There are good and bad in living here. The good is that, we can buy and eat whatever we like, the food that only rich people in the Philippines can eat, we can eat also here even if we’re not rich. If you’re not picky, and hard worker, you can have multiple jobs.

There are times that I miss my family, like when I had to waste food, I wish there are just a stone away so I can share them the food. 

I also wish I can bring all of them here, but it’s hard. Like today, my niece had an interview for a tourist visa, I knew for a fact that she won’t get it, but she still tried, after all, there’s no harm in trying, right?

True enough, she messaged me, and said that she got denied. She apologized, I told her, it’s not her fault. And that she can try applying a teacher instead. Hopefully, she’ll be able to get lucky and will be hired.

Yes, for somebody who come from the third world, it’s always hard to be given a visa. It’s like finding a needle in the haystack. Maybe one day, my family will be able to visit. Someday, somehow….


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy 🐶 ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...