Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Divorce in the Philippines


Aside from the Vatican, Philippines is the only country who  doesn’t have divorce yet. Many lawmakers there tried and propose a bill, but it never passed, and I don’t think it’ll be in the near future.

Yes, we are a Catholic country. And they said, we are very devoted and family-oriented, and they didn’t want to break the family, and hurt the kids.

I used to believe in the sanctity of marriage, and I never liked divorce. That was when I was young and single. Until I got married, and realized how complicated the situation I got into.

Though they annulment, still, the process is long and excruciating, and very expensive. How can a mere laborer or housewife afford that? 

That’s why a lot of people either stayed and suffer, it doesn’t matter if they are being abused by their spouse, they can’t just leave, or if others was able to, and want to live a new life with a new partner. They had no choice but to just live in with them, or, and it’s rampant, get married again. Bigamous marriage huh!

But can you blame them? The law doesn’t allow divorce, that’s why, many of them committed adultery or bigamous marriage. And in the Philippines, it’s easy to get married again, they  ever checked if the guy or the girl has previous marriage. All they have to do is go to the city hall, pull some strings, or bring a witness, and voila! Within a few minutes, they’re married again! 

They’d rather have people commit crime than pass the law of divorce! And they’d rather have the kids see their mother being beaten by their father, or vice versa. Sad but true.

I’m glad I was able to get away from the same situation, though i was never beaten, mine was null and void eversince. But still, I’ve waited for 5 years. And I am so thankful to God, He answered my prayers when I asked Him to direct me to somebody that can help me with it.  What can I say?

God is good! All the time!! All the time, God is good!!! 

Keep the faith ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy ๐Ÿถ ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...