Sunday, March 5, 2023

Donuts


 My husband and were watching tv, then he told me that we should get some donuts. I agreed. He called a donut shop and and asked the girl who answered the phone what kind they have. She recited the flavors available, I don’t like fancy flavors, I only like sugar and glazed. Though sugar isn’t available, my other favorite (glazed) is. 

Off we went. Stores are far from where we live, it was 7:30pm, the drive was at least 20 minutes. When we got there, we noticed a sign on the door that the lobby was closed, so we waited in the drive thru since there was a car ahead of us. When it was our turn, my husband told her that we’re ordering a dozen donuts. She cut him off by telling us that they don’t have donuts.

Yes, a donut shop that doesn’t have donuts. “Amazing” isn’t it? Why they’re open if they don’t have their signature product? They’re paying rent, utilities, and employees, how can they stay open? And they’re open until 11pm, by selling what? They don’t have donuts! 

We went home pissed. We were both craving for it, but ended up without it. Usually when Joe tells me to buy dessert at night, I always say I don’t want to, but since I wanted to eat sweets, I agreed, only to go home with nothing.

That’s life though, you don’t know what you will happen next. Lesson learned? Just stay at home and be contented to what you have. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy 🐶 ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...