Thursday, April 6, 2023

Maundy Thursday



It’s Holy Week. Time to reflect, time to repent. I remember when I was young, we always observed this season. No schools, no tv shows, all you can here are those people who read or sang the “Pabasa”, it’s about the Passion of Christ”. 

My paternal grandmother used to bring us to her relative in “Balut, Tondo”. They have the traditional Pabasa, I also saw those people who carry cross like Jesus Christ, then got “crucified” afterwards. They were doing that every year, to repent for their sins.

It was fun then, people really observe this special season. You can barely see vehicles. And since most people are on vacation, those people who love in the province were going home to spend the Holy Week with their families. 

It was really solemn because there were no cellphones yet. Unlike nowadays, they still observe this in the Philippines, but completely different from before. Now, you’ll see everybody holding their cellphones, and a lot of people are at work, although there are still some companies who take time out during this time, there are a lot though that goes to work.

I wish I’m in the Philippines to observe the tradition that I grew up with. Maybe someday….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sammy 🐶 ❤️

It was just March of this year when Sam gave birth to three beautiful puppies. We kept the youngest, Redd, I gave the other girl to my co-wo...